Just this week a vote by the Board of Regents at Carl Albert State College was passed to start a men’s and women’s wrestling program at the school. The school has wasted no time in laying the groundwork for the program and have already started their coaching search.
A full job description and application process is spelled out below.
Head Wrestling Coach
Direct all phases of the NJCAA Men’s & Women’s Wrestling Program. This would include recruiting, scheduling, budgeting, fundraising, practice, match days, camps and working all campus gym rentals for any event.
• Report & Administer appropriate discipline for any player conduct violations according to the CASC Policies & Procedures, Student Handbook and the Athletic Handbook.
• Assist other sports, as needed with Game Day Management duties both in and out of season.
• Athletic Driver Substitute as needed.
• Stiver’s Center assistant as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the VP for Student Affairs/Athletic Director.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred w/18 credit hours in HPER, Math or
History – (additional Coach/Teaching option.)
• Minimum 5 years coaching experience at HS, NJCAA, NAIA or NCAA College level preferred
with significant individual and team accomplishments.
• Current AED, CPR and First Aid Certification (or willing to acquire within first month of
• Ability to coach the sport while showing concern for the athlete’s education.
• Clean driving record, CDL preferred but not required.
Commensurate with experience, includes a full benefit package which includes Employer paid
Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Oklahoma Teachers Retirement, Vacation and Sick days.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 24, 2021
To be considered for this position, please submit a CASC application (available at:
http://carlalbert.edu/employment-opportunities/), Cover Letter, Resume and three Letters of
Application may be submitted online, or by mail to: Human Resources Department, Carl
Albert State College, 1507 S. McKenna, Poteau, OK, 74953 or email, [email protected] or fax to (918)-647-1359.
CASC is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. All interested, qualified individuals are encouraged to apply
The link to the job posting is listed here.