NOC in Tonkawa announced recently that they’re reinstating their wrestling program. They’ve now opened the head coaching job for applications. Details are listed below.
Head Wrestling Coach- Men and Women- Tonkawa-
SUMMARY: Northern Oklahoma College Tonkawa is seeking a Head Wrestling Coach to manage, supervise, coach, teach, and coordinate the wrestling program that competes in the NJCAA, Region 2 and the Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference (OCAC). The Head Coach is responsible for the organization and administration of all aspects of the wrestling program with significant responsibilities in areas including staff supervision, teaching, instructing and implementing skills and strategy. Additional occasional responsibilities include recruiting, budget development, scheduling, purchasing, public relations, facility maintenance, and implementation of NJCAA, conference and institutional policy and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Responsible for teaching, instructing, and implementing skills and strategy in practice.
- Be available during posted office hours for team members and students.
- Establish schedules and make travel arrangements.
- Responsible for administration of operational budget.
- Assist in fundraising and development.
- Monitor academic advisements and progress of student-athletes on team with particular attention to satisfactory toward degree and graduation.
- Represent the College in meetings, which pertain to wrestling.
- Collect and post individual and team statistics to the NJCAA website
- Compliance Responsibilities: Insure that NJCAA and College policies and mandated requirements are correctly interpreted and met, and that documentation is maintained per Athletic Department policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all actions of coaches and student-athletes of said team are performed with the appropriate level of instruction, safety precautions, and training and that the physical well-being of everyone is taken into account in all that is done as a member of the program.
- Provide leadership in establishing, regulating, publicizing and enforcing all team regulations regarding personal conduct.
- Developing and coordinate a successful program for student-athlete recruitment and scholarships.
- Be responsible for the care of all athletic equipment and uniforms used.
- Ensure that student-athletes have completed all required eligibility forms, etc. prior to participating and keep the Director of Athletics notified of all changes in the team roster.
- Maintain job manual for position with regular updates to describe processes when substitutions are needed
- Post to NJCAA and NOC website.
- Post and promote NOC Wrestling content to social media accounts
- Provide direct supervision for all assistant coaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Coaching experience preferably on the college level. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and initiative, as well as the ability to perform within a dynamic team environment. Subject to satisfactory Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure that includes a criminal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The preferred candidate will have a minimum educational level of a Bachelor’s degree with Masters preferred and with teaching experience in English, mathematics, science, speech or social sciences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will need to submit an NOC application which is available online at www.noc.edu/staff , a letter of application, a resume, official college transcripts, and three professional references with name, job title, professional relationship, phone number, address and email address to Northern Oklahoma College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653 or complete application packets can be emailed to [email protected] . EOE